- Last Updated: 04 June 2015 04 June 2015
- Hits: 1607 1607
How to Register
This site was developed primarily to meet the repository needs of the MARCA membership. The site is "conditionally" OPEN to all licensed Amateur Radio operators and those interested in Amateur Radio. If you are not a MARCA member, you are welcome to register as a "Registered Guest".
If you are not a licensed amateur, you may register but will need a sudo "call sign" to enter in the "username" field. Please contact one of the officers listed under the <<Contact Us>> menus for assistance. They will make arrangements for you to register.
It helps to understand that a "Registration" is a "request" process and there are several interactive step all handled by email. So watch you email inbox for these important emails as you go through this process.
1. On the >>Welcome page there are two places to begin.
- On the Menu click on the >>Login button located on the TOP menu bar. The login form will appear.
- There is a "Member Login Area" on the upper right cornor of this page.
2. Notice the " Register " link under the "Login" button.
3. Click on the Register link. A registration form will be presented.
4. Answer all the questions.
Hint: If you hover your mouse curser over the "field name" or the "i" for icon, a little popup instruction box will appear with specifics on what is needed in the respective field.
- The "username" field is unique, it is your licensed "Call Sign". Each registered user has a unique username. The system will check for uniqueness and other characteristics.
- You will notice that some fields are required. The system will not process your request until everything necessary is filled.
- Some fields contain example format that must be changed to your specific information; just over-write the defaults.
- Enter a password of 8 characters. Remember this password! In the future, If you've forgetten your password, there is an automated method to reset your password but your "email of record" must be current. See the other <<Getting Started>> article.
- The 1st "email" address must be unique. This will be refered to as your "Email of Record". Each registered user must have a unique email address. (It is anticipated that each member of a household may have a separate account on this site and each member will have their own personal email address) The system will check and notify you if there is a duplicate.
- There is another email field at the bottom of the form, this will be the "published" email, meaning other residents will see this email. It is typically the same as your "email of record" or another email. The reason for the two different email fields is to give the webmaster the choice of which will be actually displayed on the website. This is generally not all that important, but for some, there is a need for privacy between a private personal (business only) type email address and a public email address for general email use. The option is provided only for this reason. We may all chose to eliminate the second field because of confusion.
- Phone & Mobile number fields are required. If you do not have one type, enter "none" in the field. If your Home Phone is your Mobile Phone you may enter either your Mobile Phone or "none". If you don't have a FAX number, it is best to enter "none".
5. Check the "Terms and Conditions" Box. You can read the terms and conditions by clicking on the link. You may download a PDF copy and or <Print> a copy for reference.
6. Click the "Register" button. "Registration Complete" page will be presented.
7. NEXT: You will now receive an email to your "email of record" asking you to "Confirm" your email address. The email contains a link you must click; it will open your browser, connect to this site, and present a page stating "Thank you for confirming your Email Address". Until you validate your email via this link, the registration process is in a "WAITING" state. A Moderator will not be notified until your email address is validated. Once it is, an email notification is sent to a Moderator to "manually" approve or deny your request. You will receive an email with the outcome of the Moderator's action; approve or deny.
Note: It should take less than 60 seconds for an email to be send from our website to your email inbox.
Note: Make sure your email of record inbox is NOT BLOCKING emails for our website. Make sure your inbox can receive all emails from our domain ( w7mot.org ), which is everything after the @ sign.
8. At this time the system will forward your "Registration Request" to the Board for Approval. This is done by email within 5 mintues notifying the Board members responsible for approval. Expecations for a board member to read email may take 1-2 days.
9. A designated member of the Board (designated person such as the webmaster) will then initiate an approval into the system. (after receiving notification email and doing validation check on your residency and or ownership status).
10. The system will then send you a second "Welcome" email along with instructions on how to login.
11. You should be able to logon with your user name and password you used in the registration form.
12. The first time you logon, you will be asked to complete and validate your user profile. After you have completed that task, you are free to roam around the site.
13. Also notice when you Logon, you will see more menu options. Also look at the articles in the Front Page. You should see more articles that are viewable by registered members only. Public articles will be moved to the bottom of the page.
14. If you have difficulties with the Registration process, you can always contact the webmaster. See the <<Contact Us>> page and click on webmaster to send a email or by phone. Include your name and contact information.