October 2017 General Membership Meeting
- Hits: 196 196
October 2017 General Membership Meeting & Agenda
Tuesday, October 17th 2017 @ 6:30 PM (3rd Tuesday of the month)
Meeting location: New Location
825 S 48th Street
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Located on the South East section of University Dr and 48th Street.
Access is only from 48th Street, NOT the Hohokam Freeway (AZ 143). South bound 48th Street is just EAST of the Hohokam Fwy (exit and entrance intersections) on South side of University. Driving south bound on 48th Street, the parking entrance is the first LEFT; or if North bound on 48th St from Broadway Rd, the last RIGHT before University Dr.
Plenty of lighted parking.
Meetings start at 6:30 pm ; typically 2 hours in duration.
Meetings are open to anyone interested in Amateur Radio, any particular presentation of interest, MARCA Members of course, any any friends and family. There's alway opprotunity to open a discussion topic on just about any thing related to amateur radio or just plain ol chit chat about the weather.
Come early, socialize, and have a bite to eat.
Meeting Agenda (Always a work in progress): continually updated as the meeting approaches. To include a topic for the agenda, or input to a topic, contact Norm Johnson, aa7oo, President, or Dave Hall, n7zpy, Vice President.
Click the "Read More .... " to see Meeting Agenda
Welcome, Call to Order (Norm, aa7oo).
Introductions ; Members & Guests (Norm, aa7oo).
Program: TBD (Dave, n7zpy).
Break (5-10 minutes)
Approve Minutes for September 2017 (Dave, n7zpy).
Treasurer's Report for September 2017 (Don, wa7rll).
QSTs (Norm, aa7oo).
- Hamfests (http://www.arca-az.org/)
- Copafest 2017, 28 October 2017, Ak-Chin Circle, 16000 N Maricopa Road, Maricopa, AZ.
- Oro Valley ARC, 11 November 2017, Marana Middle School, Marana, AZ.
- HARKFEST, 18 November 2017, Hassayampa ARC, Congress, AZ.
- Thunderbird Hamfest, 13 January 2018, Northwest Community Church, Phoenix, AZ.
- 2018 Arizona Section Convention/Yuma Hamfest, 16 - 17 February 2018, Yuma, Az.
- <enter new Hamfest here>
- MARCA Members housekeeping: email of record;
- with Treasurer & Secretary;
- VE Testing - MARCA VE members signup with Ed. Overview of Program (Ed, k5ola).
- <enter new QST here>
- QSTs from the floor.
Old Business (Norm, aa7oo).
- Membership Report (Don, wa7rll).
- 2018 SARC/MARCA Holiday Dinner (Dave, n7zpy).
- Fusion Repeater Upgrade status (Dave, n7zpy).
- <enter missed old business item here>
New Business (Norm, aa7oo).
- Secretary Nomination (Norm, aa7oo).
- Board Member Nominaton (Norm, aa7oo).
- Site Manager Chandler (Norm, aa7oo).
- ARCA (Dave, n7zpy)
- Who is ARCA.
- Williams Hamfest - Discontinued.
- AZ SB-1132 License Plate Fee Dispersments to ARCA.
- <enter new business item here>
- From the floor.
- (Discussion Phase) CW Skills & Traffic Handling (Erik, k7tv; Norm, aa7oo).
- Raspberry Pi - contact TD (Norm, aa7oo).
- <enter new Group here>
- Echolink Project Update - reboot (Norm, aa7oo);
- W7MOT Dstar G3 Upgrade (Norm, aa7oo; Paul, kd7kdo; Ron, wb9exl)
- W7MOT-9 Pinal Pk 1200 packet digi 145.010MHz (Dave, n7zpy).
- Fusion Repeater Upgrade (Dave, n7zpy).
- <enter new project here>
Elmers: (subject matter experts, resources, and assistance contacts)
- SDR (Norm, aa7oo).
- APRS (Paul, kd7kdo).
- Mesh BBHamnet (Paul, kj7ky).
- DX (Don, wa7rll).
- CW (open).
- FMT (aa7oo).
- Emcom (open).
- CERT (open).
- VE Testing & Training (Ed, k7ola, Ray k4rmv).
- VEs (Majdi, n0rmz; Norm, aa7oo; TD, n7isr; Ray, k4rmv; Ed, k7ola; Paul, kj7ky).
- <add Subject and Elmers here>
Technical Committee (Majdi, n0rmz).
- Repeater Documentation; website repository. (Norm, aa7oo).
- Site Issues
- GD 33, 34, 35 : RLC benched for repairs; (Jim, ac7fn).
- Chandler Arcom controller cpu & firmware upgrade and re-programming; (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT-15 900mhz receiver issues with sensitivity & receiver error lite; (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT Station License posting; (Norm, aa7oo).
- Repeater Reports (Site Managers)
- [20 rptrs, 6 VHF, 8 UHF, 3 33cm, 2 23cm]
- [8 Voice, 5 APRS, 2 packet, 1 Fusion, 4 Dstar/APRS 134 users]
- W7MOT-3 VHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-4 UHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-6 VHF White Tank Packet (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Mt Elden APRS (Mark, kc7kmp); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Packet (Mark, kc7kmp); OK.
- W7MOT-10 VHF Mt Ord - APRS (dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-11 UHF Mt Ord - APRS (dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-14 UHF Chandler Hospital (Norm, aa7oo); upgrade controller.
- W7MOT-15 33cm Chandler Hospital (Norm, aa7oo); All OK.
- W7MOT-24 UHF South Mt (Jim, ac7fn); low level ID.
- W7MOT-25 33cm South Mt (Jim, ac7fn); low level ID.
- W7MOT-33 VHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new controller.
- W7MOT-34 UHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new controller.
- W7MOT-35 33cm Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); RLC3 / new contrroller.
- W7MOT-37 UHF Fusion Scottsdale (Ron, wb9exl); upgrade controller.
- W7MOT-52 UHF 52nd St (Rod, w7ekv); OK.
- W7MOT A 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade.
- W7MOT D 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade.
- W7MOT B UHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade.
- W7MOT C VHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); OK, G3 Upgrade.
Open to the Floor
Break (take 10 minutes)
Program: TBD (Dave, n7zpy)