May 2019 Membership Meeting
- Hits: 370 370
May 2019 General Membership Meeting & Agenda
Tuesday, May 21st 2019 @ 6:30 PM (3rd Tuesday of the month)
VE Testing Session: Tuesday, May 21st at 1700hrs by Ed Olague, K5OLA
825 S 48th Street
Tempe, Arizona 85281
Located on the South East section of University Dr and 48th Street.
Access is only from 48th Street, NOT the Hohokam Freeway (AZ 143). South bound 48th Street is just EAST of the Hohokam Fwy (exit and entrance intersections) on South side of University. Driving south bound on 48th Street, the parking entrance is the first LEFT; or if North bound on 48th St from Broadway Rd, the last RIGHT before University Dr.
Plenty of lighted parking.
Meetings start at 6:30 pm ; typically 2 hours in duration.
Meetings are open to anyone interested in Amateur Radio, any particular presentation of interest, MARCA Members of course, any any friends and family. There's alway opprotunity to open a discussion topic on just about any thing related to amateur radio or just plain ol chit chat about the weather.
Come early, socialize, and have a bite to eat.
Meeting Agenda (Always a work in progress): continually updated as the meeting approaches. To include a topic for the agenda, or input to a topic, contact Dave Hall, n7zpy, President, or Norm Johnson, aa7oo, Vice President.
Click the "Read More .... link at right" to see the full Meeting Agenda
Welcome, Call to Order (Dave, n7zpy).
Introductions ; Members & Guests (Dave, n7zpy).
Approve Minutes May_2019 (Dave, n7zpy).
Treasurer's Report for April 2019 (Don, wa7rll).
Membership Report (Don, wa7rll).
QSTs (Dave, n7zpy).
- Hamfests (http://www.arca-az.org/)
- Dayton Hamfest stories/reports
- Prescott Hamfest 2019, 31 May-1June 2019, Prescott, Arizona.
- White Mountain Hamfest, (Canceled) 27 July 2019, Pinetop Lakeside, Arizona.
- TARA Swapmeet, 5 October 2019, Ramsey Park, Payson, Az.
- Copafest 2019, 26 October 2019, Ak-Chin Circle, Maricopa, Az.
- Harkfest 2019, 2 November 2019, Escapee RV Park, Congress, Az.
- Oro Valley ARC Hamfest, 9 November 2019, Marana Middle School, Marana, Az.
- superstition Superfest, 7 December 2019, Mesa Comm College, Mesa, Az.
- <enter new Hamfest here>
- MARCA Members housekeeping: email of record; communications to members.
- https://www.w7mot.org; update or register, make sure your profile is current; phone, postal, email.
- Also with Treasurer & Secretary; see contact info,
- 2019 dues.
- ADAW - need articles, member email updates (Norm, aa7oo).
- VE Testing - MARCA VE members signup with Ed. Program Lead & Organizer (Ed, k5ola).
- <enter new QST here>
- QSTs from the floor.
Old Business (Dave, n7zpy).
- Site Equipment Inventory Updates; update website (Dave, n7zpy; Norm, aa7oo).
- Meeting Change Survey: Results and discussion.
- Discussion: ideas on membership growth and activities.
- Field Day 2019 (Don, wa7rll)
- <enter missed old business item here>
New Business (Dave, n7zpy).
- <enter new business item here>
- From the floor.
- Raspberry Pi Group - contact Norm (Norm, aa7oo).
- <enter new Group here>
- W7MOT DStar Gateway G3 server replacement (Paul, kd7kdo; Majdi, m0rmz).
- W7MOT GDMS Mesh Node. (Dave, n7zpy, Paul, kd7kdo, Gary, ac7r)
- 52nd St Mesh Node with RF link to GD feasability (Paul, kd7kdo, Gary, ac7r).
- W7MOT GDMS Site update; repeater online; cable cabnet cleanup (Dave, n7zpy).
- Rpi Echolink Project Update - reboot (Ray, krrmv; Mike, k7urk).
- White Tank Internet: Re-establish Sparkplug Link (Paul, kd7kdo).
- White Tank Internet: Alternate Internet Service Solution (Paul, kd7kdo).
- enter new project here>
Elmers: (subject matter experts, resources, and assistance contacts)
- SDR (Norm, aa7oo).
- APRS (Paul, kd7kdo).
- Mesh (Paul, kj7ky).
- DX (Don, wa7rll).
- CW (open).
- FMT (Norm, aa7oo).
- VE Testing & Training (Ed, k7ola, Ray k4rmv).
- VEs (Majdi, n0rmz; Norm, aa7oo; Ray, k4rmv; Ed, k5ola; Paul, kj7ky).
- <add Subject and Elmers here>
Technical Committee (Majdi, n0rmz).
Review open maintenance and repair issues discussion for sites. Need for any work parties and site visits.
DStar Server 12vdc Replacement
DStar Gateway UPS
DStar AC and DC Power Controllers
Frequency change to 145.010
- Repeater Documentation; website repository. (Norm, aa7oo).
- Site Issues
- Chandler Arcom controller cpu & firmware upgrade and re-programming; (Norm, aa7oo).
- W7MOT Station License posting; (Norm, aa7oo).
- Repeater Reports (Site Managers)
- [20 rptrs, 6 VHF, 8 UHF, 3 33cm, 2 23cm]
- [8 Voice, 5 APRS, 2 packet, 1 Fusion, 4 Dstar/APRS 134 users]
- W7MOT-3 VHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-4 UHF White Tank APRS (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-6 VHF White Tank Packet (Paul, kd7kdo); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Mt Elden APRS (Joe, w7lux); OK.
- W7MOT-8 VHF Packet (Joe, w7lux); OK.
- W7MOT-10 VHF Mt Ord - APRS (Dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-11 UHF Mt Ord - APRS (Dave, n7zpy); OK.
- W7MOT-14 UHF Chandler Hosp (Ray, k4rmv; Norm, aa7oo); upgrade controller, OK.
- W7MOT-15 33cm Chandler Hosp (Ray, k4rmv; Norm, aa7oo); upgrading controller, OK.
- W7MOT-24 UHF South Mt (Dave, n7zpy); low level ID.
- W7MOT-25 33cm South Mt (Dave, n7zpy); low level ID.
- W7MOT-33 VHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); OK
- W7MOT-34 UHF Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); OK
- W7MOT-35 33cm Hayden GD (Tom, ke7tm); OK
- W7MOT-37 UHF Fusion Scottsdale (Ron, wb9exl); OK.
- W7MOT-52 UHF 52nd St (Paul, kd7kdo; Rod, w7ekv); OK.
- W7MOT A 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); Internet down.
- W7MOT D 23cm White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); Internet down.
- W7MOT B UHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); Internet down.
- W7MOT C VHF White Tank (Paul, kd7kdo); Internet down.
Open to the Floor
Break (take 10 minutes)
Program: TBD ; (Norm, aa7oo).